04-03-2021, 04:03 PM   #190
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by josec70 View Post
There are builds and then there's a Kimo build. Hope you're doing well brother.

Thank you sir! More to come of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakerStyle View Post
Now THIS is a car worthy of a build thread. Sick ride and really tasteful, most excellent mods. Keep the pics coming!
Thank you sir! Will do, parts are starting show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Your mechanic must love to see you coming.

Doing what I can to help the local economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougpaper View Post
Kimo what a build and very informative. The oil diverter valve looks like a simple change sitting next to the filter. According to the manufacturer site i would not need to remove the oil pan is that correct? Seem like a no brainer and was wondering is it that simple? Seems like a mod anybody in warm climates should do and something that any normal BMW tech would not notice. Thanks want to purchase your car when your done with it.
Thanks! Unfortunately not that simple. On the s63tu4 motors the oil diverter valve is inside so you have to drop the oil pan. If you have Instagram Troy Jeup did a post on it awhile ago so just look it up. I thought the same at first, but my mechanic was like nope, must drop pan. He said it was simple though. Just need a new gasket of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
Did your mechanic explain why he removed the lower oil pan? From the N63 website, it appears the oil diverter is under the threaded plug just to the side of the oil filter and released with a 14mm Allen wrench.

Now, with the new diverter, does your oil temp reach the temps it did while stock when you’re on boost for a considerable time? Our gauges aren’t the most precise, but can you estimate the lower oil temp you now run when you’re not on boost?
For your first paragraph please see my response above. In regards to your second paragraph it can still get to the mid point. It is just that you have to be sitting in traffic or do several pulls and then stop for that to happen. While you are pulling it stays cooler as the air is going through the cooler obviously. Same with steady state cruising.

This mod plus a better weight oil has made all the difference over here for me. It may be placebo, but I feel like the motor is happier if that makes sense.
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 1
Jamesmick131.00