01-04-2016, 11:26 AM   #159
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain49king View Post
There is 40% mark up in a gallon of milk next time your at the grocery I would negotiate the price! Dealers don't set the MSRP price of these cars, I have no problem with anyone shopping for the best deal but I don't see why you would bash a dealer for asking for the manufacturer suggested retail price. I would venture to say a dealer would be lucky to make 8% at MSRP, take in to consideration how much they spend on advertising, employees, buildings and property, then take in to account most dealers are funded by a floor plan through a bank who pays for the millions of dollars in inventory for very high fees. Not saying they don't make money but they definitely are not closing early if you happen to pay MSRP.
i know many in the car business that kill it making 100k ++ taking people for a ride, its honestly their fault (payer) because they don't do the homework. Herb Chambers might be a billionaire, i don't think the industry is hurting, why not use direct marketing and decrease price all around, manufacturer owned dealerships.

Profit is profit and i understand your side, (its their job to maximize profit)

Alot of times you would be better off going off in a test drive and tell the guy you will give him 500 cash or even 1k if you can get it as low as possible. remember you are likely working with employee's that have the least integrity. greasing goes a long way in the service industry