09-10-2005, 12:11 PM   #14
quackman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdheaven
i dunno. i just tried two other ones. the john legend. and the dave matthews. neither of those two seem to work.(i.e. for the record. i dont listen to very much R & B but i do like the john legend. And i HATE dave matthews. these are just 2 we have for sale at the store).anyway. i will mess around with any that i can find here. maybe the nine inch nails one isnt really dvd audio thats why it doesnt sound much better???? i really dont know.
Some DVD-Audios also have simpler tracks on them, like CD-quaity audio at a bit higher bitrate/quality, which isn't too noticeable. The real meat and potatoes of DVD-Audio is the specific DVD-A tracks, which have true 5.1 channels of separated sound. The I-Drive can read CD-audio, that's no problem for it, and since it can read DVDs in it's DVD drive, it can read the CD tracks in the DVD audio disk. But the software for reading the true DVD-A tracks, just isn't present in the I-Drive.

I have two DVD-A disks, by Queen. They contain true DVD-A tracks and higher bitrate CD tracks. My computer with DVD-A reading software plays amazing sounding tracks, but if I try to play the DVD with simply a DVD player I get slightly better sounding CD tracks.
Appreciate 0