Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
That is a change from when I used to drive that same route about 4 years ago.

At that time the patrol was very light and once I knew where they hid, they didn't stand a chance. I could make it from Ann Arbor, MI to Richfield, OH (south of Cleveland) in 2 hours flat and that is the god's honest truth. Never got caught thankfully, but I had some strange looks at the tollbooths from time to time.
I made it from Battlecreek, MI to Cleveland in just under 2 hours. No joke. Was going 100 to 110km the entire way. I even hit some 15 minute bullshit traffic about 30 mins outside of Cleveland . Talk about dumb but man it was fun.

The cops are usually pretty bad on I-80, but the troopers will be out in force all of May which is almost over thank god, but they'll be out a lot in June as well. Some sort of crackdown on irresponsible driving. Not so much speeding, but the illegal lane changes, following too closely, wreckless op. kinda things. I guess Ohio is already above last years amount of fatal accidents which was close to a record high I believe and we're hardly halfway through the year.

What can ya do? I hate it the most when some rust bucket doing 90+ flies by me. In no way is that even close to safe. Esp. when the shocks are shot and it looks like the car is floating . A BMW doing 90 is a whole different world then other cars going 90 IMO.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0