View Single Post
      06-23-2017, 02:42 AM   #12
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Did something similar at Millbrook with CAT driver training with the BabyBMW crowd.

Was a great day learning high speed braking, threshold braking, single input steer, high speed bowl and how the DSC systems work (played with all modes). The latter was really interesting as they showed that unless the car knows there is a problem, it won't sort it out. So for example if you have approached a corner too fast and are understeering, the car won't help you unless you make sudden inpulse movements on things like brakes and the wheel before it knows you're in a problem and tries to help.

It gave me a huge amount of confidence in my M140 and proved that it was actually a very capable car indeed.

Re the understeer, mine was the same, but the CAT guys actually train the people that do manufacturer testing and explained that pretty much every manufacturer designs in understeer these days as its the first thing a normal mong will experience to know that they are being silly and on that basis its easier to regain control with the help of the DSC systems than with the back end suddenly coming round....

They also sang the praises of the car, they couldn't believe a little rwd hatch had 340bhp!

Great days out and recommend them to anyone.
Appreciate 0