View Single Post
      04-20-2018, 05:23 AM   #32
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonba View Post
Thanks to Ferrari we all know the press car vs. customer car reality.

My only gripe is that now the first non-press numbers are being mentioned, they are definitely not C&D numbers.

At this moment the only properly filmed races (track and drag) we have are Auto Express and CarWow. I'm ignoring the South African one as, just like you mention, they don't actually mention any of the variables - no distance, time, speed, dash shots, seems like the guy is shifting manually, jumping starts etc. etc. CarWow is a dealership comparison website, when they take cars on the drag in UK, they take customer/dealer cars.

Secondly, the Sochi F1 customer day thing is the first event that I know of (maybe there was one in US) where it isn't strictly press focused. There the feedback was underwhelming about the engine and breaks, and people were pissed off that BMW banned VBoxs ahahah. The one VBox time they did allow was pretty poor and pretty much matches the CarWow time.

With the E63s it was the opposite, the first customer cars were pulling 2.9s to 60 (or 3.1 to 100km/h), consistently. This made me respect AMG a bit more (I used to think only drug dealers and arms dealers had AMGs).
You're the man, the big boss who can disregard all reviews from Germany, UK and US which consider the F90 the better car

C & D's acceleration numbers for cars incl AMGs are quicker, this you should know.

Btw, the highlighted portion of your post above makes me wonder ... How about posting a photo of your E63S outside your home so that we can admire it
Appreciate 0