View Single Post
      06-05-2020, 10:50 AM   #90
Phayze71
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F90 M5 Competition

Garage List
I learned how to drive with manual transmission. It was great. My very first car was a Honda Accord, stick shift. I taught my friends to drive stick, since I was pretty much the only guy in high school who knew how to drive the damn thing. My first BMW was stick. My first M was a stick. Eventually, SMG came out. I thought I would hate it, but you know what? It shifted faster than I could! With a lot of power. Then turbos came out, and the cars became automatic. Then they became AWD. I thought I would hate it, but you know what? They made driving easier, faster, and safer.

Will I miss the pops and bangs of my ICE cars that I've had now 2/3 of my life? Yes. Will I miss the wurblewurblewurble when I start the car, scaring all my neighbors? Yes.

But you know what? That's like me missing the old days of going to Blockbuster and renting a VHS of the non-edited version of Star Wars. Fond memories, sure, but you gotta change with the time. Believe me, you can have the loud car you want, and smile when you hear your pops and bangs, because I won't hear them since I'll be half a mile down the road before you manage to get your car in second gear, since you're burning your rear tires with your 650hp RWD, assuming you don't miss your shift into third because that much power is going to be crazy on your clutch.

I can pretty much guarantee that any of us here who can afford the car will be in line to get the all electric, because we want looks, we want performance, we want safety, we want luxury at the end of the day.