06-02-2020, 03:22 AM   #72
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Seems like the logical thing to do, An full performance i5 M seems like that would be the way to go.

Some people will miss the sound of the cars of old and the feeling of being able to change gears with a manual transmission but there will be more then enough of these cars around in the second hand market for people to enjoy. So that is a good thing unless even further restrictions are put in place to start forbidding engines without Euro6 or 7 or 8 whatever it will be in the long run in all cities and such then i think we will see the "death" of the ICE engine as we know it. It will still be an collectors object but the fuel and such for it will be scarce to get. But that ain't gonna happen in the next 20-30 years.

So yeah i think BMW is doing the smart choice here even though they are a bit late to the party if i may so so my self.

As someone stated earlier in a post so when they restrict this the ICE engines to the extent of not being able to be driven whats the next step restricting top speeds? acceleration?

Probably not to unplausible, i mean when you think about it the biggest fault in traffic if we are talking regular traffic is the human error, or rather say the driver, because humans have a tendency to do weird stuff in traffic like start to day dream or playing with their phones or in the worst cases driving drunk.

All this parts are what contributes to accidents and shit happening in traffic if you remove the human part of driving then there won't be a need for speed limits either then cars if they are autonomous to that extent then they will be able to be driven 200 km/h to every place without incident now i have a hard time imagining this becoming a reality yet, but the fact still remains humans and their behaviors in traffic is the main reasons for accidents not counting wildlife, or landslides or sinkholes appearing on our roads causing the accident.

For example what is the purpose outside of the track to have 600-800 bhp+ is it for overtaking? hardly you can overtake most cars and trucks today with a car around 210 bhp+ with a decent amount of acceleration.

So what is the purpose of a 1000 bhp car except being able to say you have one, where are you gonna use it? You can't use it in traffic and if you do you are probably breaking some form of law, on the autobahns part that is no speed limit, sure but not everyone lives next to autobahn or be willing to drive to Germany for such a thing, so on a track yes that is a place to use it but not everyone tracks their cars i know some people who bought M3/M4s or M5s in this case they haven't set their foot on a track not even once nor went down to Germany to drive on the autobahn so what is the point for them having an M5 Competition with that much horsepower and that powerful acceleration, a poser? for the fun of it? or for what it always boils down to in the end when people choose their cars, the feeling of it. It is a great feeling but legislators don't take feeling in to account when creating laws and such so, yes the car as we know it has its days counted for.

How will the cars be tomorrow probably a bunch of mix with Hydrogen and EV cars with almost full autonomous capabilities that can take you wherever you want to go and faster then a regular car without restricting your freedom of movement witch is what the car gave to so many people and that is the freedom of being able to get wherever you wanna go whenever you want to. The only thing that will change here is we will still own our cars but driving them our self will probably become a thing of the past when autonomous cars can drive at 250-300 km/h without causing accidents, then what will the purpose of the regular car be (not counting the feeling of having one) they will probably be a collectors object or being stored in museums as our old cars are now but the awe feeling will be "Can you imagine the times when people had to drive their own cars"

So yeah the cars of today have their days counted but probably not in the next 20-30 years, the next 30 years will focus on phasing out all form of vehicles with ICE engines and after that has happened, the next step is to remove the human aspect of driving then we surely will have to wonder if we are ever gonna need trains, airplanes and such in the future if an autonomous cars can take us everywhere and maybe faster without emissions.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0