View Single Post
      03-23-2013, 04:23 AM   #10
3 series england
Rep
Drives: 325

i drive probems
I have a 3 series, 2 years old and since i have owned it (8 months ago) I have had nothing but problems with it. It has been into two different dealers for i drive issues and repair, nearly 10 times in total. On the first occasion I was told there is nothing wrong with it, I persisted, after several more attempts a software/firmware update was done on the vehicle, this changed nothing. Eventually a new hard drive unit was put in, again this has changed nothing.
Most recently I was accused of lying about the faults or making up the errors as the dealer could not replicate them. It was only when one of the intermittent faults happened I was only 15 mins from the dealer and took it in so they could see it for themselves.
Errors or faults that keep happening are listed below;
- points of interest that are not asked to be shown randomly turn up on the map, when you check to see if they are requested to be shown they are not and are displayed on both maps on the split screen.
- when you start the car for some reason the car decides to mute itself
-restarting the car and you request to resume guidance to a pre set location it will ignore the command
-when you request the car to show a picture of the destination (that it has previously shown) it will not.
- The facility to call BMW to get nav directions sent to the car sometimes does not work.
on the split screen for the map the left hand map is replaced by something else, either a arrow symbol or computer information.
- the left hand split screen map did not show the yardage symbol so you could not zoom in or out on the map.

Has anybody else experienced these intermittent faults errors on the i drive and I would be very interested to know what the outcome was, thank you for taking the time to read this..
Appreciate 0