View Single Post
      10-20-2018, 04:43 AM   #73
Trenthodges
South Africa
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Drove it pretty hard (not track hard) but not to work normal drive- got back home opened the bonnet to show the carbon cover- the engine made a strange sound, and then a burning smell started- turned off the car, and smoke came out from under the car near the middle towards the drivers side... turned out the wiring harness wasn't secured properly, and fell on the gearbox and burnt out- they replaced it, and found that the starter motor burnt out (strange sound)- guessing the wiring was connected to the starter motor... picked it up, and just pulled through the traffic light right outside the dealership, and the drivetrain fault came back, turned out it was the coil- they replaced that- now seems all good.
Here, in South Africa, the BMW on call guys didn't know how to get it out of drive, because it was first they had to flatbed- so I assume that there aren't many issues.

The only issue I now seem to have is the disconnecting on the car play every now and then, not sure if it's the IPhone or the car.
Attached Images

X5
428i
X3
M4
M4 Comp
M5 F90
Appreciate 0