Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmadon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmadon View Post
I bought the modern spare wheel/tire as well. I don't have CCBs and got a "new" 19in spare that doesn't require a spacer. I was sketched out by that but seems to fit ok.
How old is the one you purchased? Mine is a 19" also, but I also do not have CCBs so I don't believe I'd ever have to use it either way. My understanding is that non-CCB cars never needed the spacer.
About a year. When I ordered mine they were out of the spacers, after a week I got this incredibly long email. They basically just said they didn't have the spacer, but had these newer 19" wheels that won't require the spacer.

They went on explaining how the 19" would eventually be what they sell, but would cost more. They were sending it to me so I didn't have to wait and don't need to pay more, blah blah blah. The website still says they sell an 18" wheel with spacer, so the whole thing had me a little skeptical at first.
Just double checked the website and you're right, definitely still listed as 18. I am definitely going to reach out to them for clarification on this when I am back. The time when it's actually needed would be a terrible time to figure out whether I actually need the spacer or not. I'll report back!