06-12-2019, 11:33 PM   #2
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Not sure what's being said here, but from what I can tell by watching, it's a stock M5C running against a tuned and then a stock 488 GTB in the supercar class.

Races start 21:00 minutes in.

Very impressive results for the M5C.

Enjoy!

Thanks for posting!

I wish I understood the presenter--I love how enthusiastic he is. I suspect he's brutally honest, too, but... alas, I've no idea.

Interesting trap speeds at the 1/4 and 1/2 mile mark. The 488 lost the race from the launch as expected (regardless of RT) and was travelling a fair bit faster than the M5 at the 1/4 mile point but had lost a lot of that speed advantage by the 1/2 mile--I didn't expect that.

Now throw a mere $700-$1,000 USD at an M5 and watch it more positively crucify such Supercars for the total price of 3 or 4 Ferrari paint & interior options (Supercars except McLarens, of course, because they're British and apparently run on pixie dust, magic rubber [leave it alone ya' sickos] and physics defying launch control). Don't get me wrong--I'll take a Ferrari 488 if anyone's offering--my point is more about what you're getting for your money. This is where Hellcat/Demon lovers chime in but the M5's power, brutal as it is in stock form and far more so for under a $1,000 USD home-tweaked, is usable anywhere, everyday... what a great car!

// needs its DCT back but yada yada

Last edited by limeypride; 06-12-2019 at 11:40 PM..
Appreciate 0