RoundelM3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Since I lived in Austin for 5 years before moving to the SA area, I had dealt with BMW of Austin then and also as far back as 2001 when I bought my first BMW from the same CA as I've been working with recently. Between my wife and I, we've purchased 4 BMWs from them since 2008 - and have always had an extremely positive experience, which extends to service as well. BMW of SA has been great for service since moving here 16 months ago, but I've not bought a car from them. I heard they had a bad reputation until about the time I moved here and that they were under new management. So far so good, but I'm surprised the general manager treated you that way. They seem to have a huge inventory and can't imagine why they'd not give you a good deal.

I digress, though - I have used SunBusters since the early 1990s when I was driving Porsches, and never had a bad experience. They've corrected a couple minor things that needed attention after a year or so, and they always gave me a great price. This time around, my CA offered to get it done for me as I was 2 hours away, and the guys at SunBusters did tell me that they get a lot of business from BMW of Austin. The tint on my wife's 2011 128i convertible is still perfect, and she has to park her car outside in the sunlight every workday. After 3 years, no issues. You really can't go wrong with that tinter.

That said, are you going to have them tint your sunroof as well? I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but they did it at no additional cost and it really makes a difference, especially in the summer.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0