Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottjr View Post
TiAgMc

I have the enhanced bluetooth option. Originally I thought it was a waste also. However; now I think it was worth the cost.
-Using a Galaxy S5 I just connect the phone via the phones usb cable and car's usb port. Phone connects.
- Never sync with the bluetooth as there seems to be no need to do so. Everything works using the usb connection
- two mics
- Using the BMW Remote app (be careful,if you don't turn this app off it drains the phone)
-Using the BMW Connected app both apps work, but I mainly use this one because of the features it has. Also, this app finds the car within 1 mi. while the BMW Remote is only about 1/2 mi.
- Album art show on the display if you care about that
- You can sync (2) phones using the bluetooth, but I'm the only driver and again, Everything works without using bluetooth.

Still getting to know the car so there may be other features that I haven't discovered yet.
The only things you get extra with the enhanced USB and smartphone integration are the extra mic and the ability to sync with 2 phones' content (I think it means you can get contact info out of two phones instead of one. You also get the "Office" feature, but it can be enabled with coding. You have the connector in the armrest but you need to buy a connector plate that works with your specific phone, if BMW even makes one for your phone.

Everything else you listed is standard to all F8x M3 and M4.