View Single Post
      06-22-2023, 06:26 PM   #13
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
OP, you're a good person thinking of your neighbor. It's tough. Cancer is a @#$#$. I lost my dad just before I finished highschool. During the graduation ceremony, I really put my best friend on the spot saying it felt weird that both my parents weren't there to attend (mom was w loved ones on some vacation trying to clear her mind). Poor guy just stood there speechless.

The thing is I dunno if I really learned from that experience, at least I dunno how it affected me, maybe on a subconscious level it did, but it's not as if it motivated me to do something great.

Things like what happens to certain ppl really make me wonder like why does a pos driving drunk leave an accident unscathed while killing a whole family that went out to buy some Father's Day gift with the poor dude waiting forever at home for his departed family? Sometimes life is just supremely unfair and ridiculous.
I've been struggling with that thought for over 50 years. As I've mentioned elsewhere on this forum, 5 very fine young men from our high school were killed in Vietnam. Four of them were from my graduating class of '65. One of them was drafted the same day I was and we ended up sharing the same, crappy hotel room near the induction center in central L.A. He was a very nice fellow. All but one were 20 years old when they died. The other one was a ripe old age of 22. I think of the marriages that didn't happen and on and on. It's difficult to accept.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 1
Nachbar8024.00