logicators
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by k10rft View Post
small update

i have opted for the non star rated ps4s and honestly.... i feel the performance of the Pirelli was way better... on hard acceleration car squirms where as before it didn't hesitate at all. ive done many track days with the Pirellis too and didn't feel they underperformed. wet weather performance on the Pirelli was lacking ill give it that but id rather have Pirelli over the mp4s. I'm seriously tempted to go back... am i alone in this thought?

K
I can’t comment on summer PS4S, but I use non star marked PS4S-AS when the weather gets colder, and OEM Pirellis in the summer. I personally like both tires for different reasons. PS4S-AS offers a very comfortable and composed ride, with a more “confident” road grip, and does not seem to need much warm up. Pirellis offer more dynamic and playful ride with better handling around the corners. Pirellis do require some warm up. If you push them hard right after cold start the tires seems to spin a bit. When Pirellis wear out I was planning on replacing them with summer PS4S but your comments are giving me a pause
Appreciate 1