Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defib View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeleon View Post
This is another reason why after market brake pads can't come soon enough. Between the brake dust and the squeak, suddenly the price for CCB doesn't seem too bad. But it is too late for me. This is the one time that having a super quiet cabin is an advantage. I had my window open one time and boy was the squeaking loud.
CCBs are prone to squeal, that's why Quickburn went for the steel instead of the CCBs.
I thought that was the case and was hesitant about getting ceramic brakes. I'm so glad I did! The CCB on my F90 are silent and the pedal modulation feels perfect with no fade or dust. My previous X5M was a great car but the squeal was unbearable. That was one of the main reasons why I moved over to the M5.
I have F10 M5 on CCB, X5M on steel, and M6 (no longer with me) on steel and none of them squeal, that's why I said it seems to be a hit or miss problem, which is okay if it's fixable, I think the biggest problem people have is once you have squeal, it's almost impossible to get rid of unless you change the entire brake set.
Appreciate 0