View Single Post
      11-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #20
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

when sending a payment with paypal ALWAYS make the seller bill you on paypal. for example, when i buy something i tell the seller to bill me through paypal with something like this below, be very specific, i just tell him to read it and if he agrees copy and paste it on the bill and go ahead and bill me:

This bill is for a brand new unopened US version 40GB PS3. The item is guarenteed in stock ready to be shipped and fully functional upon delivery. The item will be shipped once payment is recieved within 48 hours and a tracking number will be provided upon shipment.

so if a person were to scam you, you simply file a claim with paypal and specify in the bill that there was supposed to be a tracking number once the item is shipped within 48 hours of payment. paypal will then ask the seller to reply with a tracking number by sending him an e-mail while having a case open. if he fails to comply, they will refund your payment.

i have been scammed at first too when i started using paypal on digital items as those were easy and not covered uner paypal terms. sad to say i too took advantage of this at some point myself buying digital items and getting a refund from seller failing to prove item was shipped. and when you tell paypal item is digital like through e-mail they highly give you a refund.

gl with everything. paypal can be a real bitch sometimes.
Appreciate 0