View Single Post
      03-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
ggarriso@vt.edu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Deal got weird - should I be perturbed?

Went to my local dealer to trade in my E93 M3 for a M235i - they did not have the configuration I wanted in stock but they were able to locate my second color choice EB at a nearby dealership - we struck a deal and I gave them my CC for a deposit to get the car moving (Friday 11am ish)

Here is where things got a little weird - Friday 5pm I get a call from the dealership saying we can get the car tomorrow (saturday) but wanted to let you know its gone thru two dealerships and will have like 300 miles on it by time it gets here - we have your first color coming if you want to wait 2-3 weeks. I said ok no prob just move forward with the deal we have already struck.

Today (Saturday ) I do not hear from dealership - I call at 3 and get a pretty prompt callback - they say that the other dealership was unwilling to swap the car today because "they wanted to show it more", I asked if this meant they could sell it and they assured me not. Thinking about more and more people pawing up what I thought was going to be my car I inquired about waiting two weeks for the brand new gray one and they indicated this was still an option and we all agreed to follow up Monday morning.

The part I am a little peeved on is that they allowed this other dealership to continue to show (and I'm sure test drive) the car once I had committed to buy it, I think they should have taken care of it Friday and had the car for me today.. any thoughts on this? Am I being unreasonable?
Appreciate 0