Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by will0621 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHSHOREM5 View Post
Am I the only one who watched this and now look at my non CS car ehh. The one guy, that's who these people selling their CS On this forum need to show potential buyers. "It doesn't do it a little better then the M5 competition, it doesn't do it better then the m5 competition, it does it massively better"
I typically want the highest trim of a particular line for myself, so I'd be lying if I said I haven't yearned for the CS. It's undoubtedly a better performing car when pushed to the limits, but the whole idea of it basically appeals to a different buyer.

I absolutely need car seats for my personal car so that automatically rules out the CS for me. I wish they had made it an option to have regular seats in the rear, as well as other color choices besides frozen paints and only gray as the non frozen choice. The CS would be perfect if I already had 2 family friendly cars, but then I'd probably be looking at dedicated sports cars at that point. The non CS M5s are perfect for being car seat friendly and having the best performance of basically all cars in that category.

I mean you still have basically 98% of the performance, but if you're like me and are OCD about having the highest trim it does bother you at times lol.
That's my exact issue. I always prefer to get the best performing one if at all possible. Unfortunately I had to turn down an allocation because I regularly use all 5 seats. Talking 3-5 times a week I'll have the 3 kids and my wife in the car.

In hindsight maybe I should have taken the allocation and then did a rear bench conversion lol. Would have been cheaper than retrofitting some of these CS parts that I'm currently doing.
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 2