09-15-2020, 04:50 PM   #19
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
The biggest issue i have with the M8 is the price. I loaded up two equivalent spec'd M8GC and M5 (both comp pack) and the difference is $25k, and personally I don't think the M8 gives you $25k worth of extra equipment or experience. I also like sunroofs on my M cars (another unpopular opinion) and no M8 has that option, and weirdly massaging seats are a missing option on the M8. With the M5 discounts are already pretty easy to get, so the M8 would need significant discounts to be worth it in my opinion and I'm pretty sure the coupe and vert receive bigger discounts than the GC. I know these are $100k+ cars, but still, $25k is $25k, hell that's a Miata right there.

Good luck with the decision OP.

I feel similarly.

Do you want a 4 door super car from BMW?

What about a 4-door super car from BMW that's mechanically nearly identical to the one i was talking about a second ago but that costs $25K more and has a smaller back seat?

The M8 makes sense to me. You buy it when you want an M5, but you only need 2-doors. The M5 makes sense to me. You buy it when you want an M8 but you need a real back seat.

If you need the rear doors, i'd assume you need to use the rear seat on a regular basis and would appreciate having usable space back there. If you don't need the rear seat on a regular basis, i'd assume you don't really need 4 doors either.

Plus...y'know. The money.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00