View Single Post
      10-22-2020, 09:10 AM   #19
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
So interesting video comparing the Tesla Cybertruck to the Hummer. I have to say this, if I was in the market for an EV Truck it'd be the Hummer (T Bar roof and all, I hope they fixed the leaking from the 70's) When the Tesla was introduced I thought it looked neat but frankly it looks odd now, I suspect it will have a market of Tesla fanboys, no offence, but I just don't see it especially against the likes of the Hummer, I could be wrong and time will tell. For me it's all academic as I just don't see me ever going EV, and if I wanted a beast of a truck I think I'd be looking at the new Bronco.
I have no interest for the Cybertruck, and still doubt it will look like that when released anyway (key word when). I think a more comparable truck for me would be the Rivian.

While I'm not in the market in the near future, an electric truck would fit my need perfectly. My commute is only 8 miles, I could still haul house stuff in the bed, use rear seats to chauffeur my 2 dogs around. On other days, I'd just drive my M's with 6MT goodness, best of both worlds.

As I said before, electric cars would make great DD's. Having the interior as cold as a fridge during a 100F day in South Carolina by the time I got to the car after work was a game changer for me the one time I had a PHEV for a week. However, I'm just not willing to pay the $$$ required to get into this game, nor do I really want to be the guinea pig.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0