View Single Post
      10-21-2020, 09:21 AM   #15
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Oh I know. My youngest works for a Ford Dealer part time and tells me about how many people spend ridiculous money on a truck. However, $80k starting is still not very appealing for many. Its not like it starts low and goes high to capture a large market like a regular F150 or even a Cybertruck, it starts high and goes higher. With Hummer having been gone for years now, I'm not sure how much the demand is for an EV truck outside of Tesla. I know there is demand for luxury trucks, but do those buyers want an electric truck is the question, and do they want it from GM of all companies. Truck owners have always struck me as people who want engines, but maybe they will be swayed by this. It seems every EV except for Tesla always seems to do terribly, so I'm waiting to see, it could do extremely well, or it may not. But I have a feeling this will just hype up Cybertruck lovers more than anything.
I actually think GM nailed this, even the pricing. The Hummer, is the top of the line truck in their lineup. Of course it's definitely a status symbol, but so were guys paying crazy prices for an H1 to cruise around Hollywood Blvd. Plus this is their first bite at the apple when it comes to electric trucks, but you can imagine the electric Silverados/Sierras will slot in under the price of a base Hummer. Considering Raptors and Ram TRX go for around the same price as a base Hummer, I think it works very well. Kudos to them.

Overall, I think this makes far more sense than the price of these electric cars that are on the wrong end of $100k. I think this will sell very well. And I'll believe the Cybertruck when I see it. For me to be really sold on electric cars, we need to start seeing something in between a Fiat 500e and Taycan S. Something that starts at 50-60k (only Tesla 3 at this point) would be something more realistic for me personally.

P.S. The T tops are amazing, and I wish there were more cars with it! Also bring back Targa roof cars
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25083.00
swanson733.00