View Single Post
      10-13-2021, 08:09 AM   #10
harryyyyyy
Rep
Drives: G20 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc0907 View Post
I would've thought the part ex price is agreed at the time of placing the order. Although the finance settlement would be less at the time of collection so surely that comes into play as you have been paying that whilst waiting for the car to arrive, not the dealer. I'm in the same position as you new car due to arrive in December so will be interested in what happens

Potentially you could also sell your current car privately or to another dealer and they would settle the finance? The cash freed up could then be used as an extra deposit on your new PCP? I'm sure they'd be happy not to have to deal with the hassle of auctioning off your old car and would be prefer the cash? I have a mk7.5 Golf GTI Performance in pristine condition and I know a VW main dealer would pay more part exchange than BMW as they want it on their forecourt. As long as the price of the vehicle remains the same does it matter how the deposit funds are raised?
You make a very good point on this one, potentially could be useful for both parties as my current car isn't a model within their dealer group.

Having said that I suppose at the agreed trade in price there's an extra few grand in my car for them in the current market.

A very odd market for sure!

Just can't wait to pick the thing up now 🤓
Appreciate 0