03-13-2019, 04:48 PM   #12
Catania830
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
My buddy had one of the original JB4 OBD cable, which had a pass through port to allow a diagnostics reader to plug in without having to remove the JB4 OBD cable itself. He was connecting the K+DCAN cable to the pass through, which interfered with MHD -> DME communication.

Assuming that you have no AWRON gauge or piggyback unit installed. Can you answer the following questions that may help resolve this issue:

1. How many ENET cables have you tried? Which brand(s)?

2. When you plug the ENET cable in to the OBD port, are you able to freely remove the ENET cable without force, or do you have to use a pick or flat head to dislodge?

>> If NO, try inserting the ENET cable all the way up.

>> IF YES, you're plugging it in correctly.

3. Are you using a USB RJ45 network adapter? Which brand?

4. In BM3, are you able to do a DTC readout without errors?

>> If NO, your cable isn't able to establish basic communication with the DME.
1. I've tried 1 Ethernet cable. The same one I've used countless times in the past. Not a brand name one. I've been coding vehicles before the PSdZData was trimmed. Its not the cable.

2. Again, its not the cable. But just for your satisfaction, yes. The ODB II needs a surgeon to surgically remove my cable from the port.

3. No, I am using an Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.

4. Yes.

To my diagnosis, its not my computer nor the cable. I will program my functioning F83 tonight with the 8.7 BM3 Stage 2 AGG update to prove that my equipment is FINE. Currently my car is on 8.5.
2014 F32 435i 300/KCSW [Sold]
2012 F30 328i A96/LCL3 Sport Line[Sold]
Appreciate 0