View Single Post
      02-10-2019, 08:45 AM   #19
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTN View Post
That's mighty objective of you. I'll let BMW know to give you one of their new M4 DTM cars for 40k then, being a 2.0 4-cylinder turbo.
I completely agree with the substance of your position. But, I think we also need to be understanding and supportive of those who struggle to comprehend that not everyone else shares their "objective truth" about why people choose engines, and the frustration they seem to feel when seeing others who have a different set of preferences. I found some folks with this limitation on the 2 Series forum, not many, but some, who were unable to comprehend why anyone would order a highly contented 228i versus a 235i, at that time. It is ironic, indeed, that they are so highly motivated by their search for external "power", but don't yet have the internal power to broaden their horizons to better understand and accept others. But, let's be nice and help explain why this is not a matter of "right vs wrong" and just a different set of preferences. Here's my list.

Why I Will Order a 4 Cylinder, Even if in a Well-Equipped Vehicle:
  1. Not being one who tracks, very satisfying power available for DD
  2. Nostalgia for my 1977 320i
  3. Historical nod to the BMW brand (see Munich HQ building)
  4. Less weight over front wheels, and I like the steering feel difference I notice more than I want more power
  5. Could buy one of each, but just don't see the "value" for two more cylinders, so it's not some odd result of "affordability" problem
  6. Very much enjoy Sirius...it's all that's ever on in any of my cars, and prefer music to exhaust note
  7. Comfort/convenience features add more to my life than getting to the next red light a "right of decimal point" bit faster.

Hope that is helpful. Remember, it is not important that anyone agrees with any of the above list. The best outcome is to just recognize that these different-from-yours preferences exist and are equally valid as anyone else's...yours too! Thank you.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 4
KTN309.50
mkoesel7517.00
adhrp1324.00
G8rGrl568.50