United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by will0621 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
Beautiful car, don’t know if it could crush my m5 though
Yeah I don’t think people really know the underlying mechanical differences in the 100k cars they buy sometimes. They just see 8>5 so it must be better, but as it has been reiterated many times it is the same exact powertrain and as heavy or heavier than a m5. Earlier pre 2020 m5s had launch control issues but it’s been shown that was corrected with some 2020 models and LCIs. Which is why they have been able to get sub 11s 1/4 mile times. Again it’s the same exact engine in the m8, it doesn’t have any magical differences just because it looks more like a sports car. This isn’t like the gt63 where they actually gave it more hp than the e63.
That is false. The M8 coupe weighs 4,295lbs, while the M5 weighs 4,370lbs, so please get your facts straight. The M8 is faster, and has a lower time on 0-60 and quarter mile. My tuned M8 Comp will beat a tuned M5 Comp, that is a fact.

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0