09-14-2016, 11:19 AM   #16
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
I think a bigger question is why you want an M5. If it's the straight line speed, then that can be easily achieved with theother. If it's the badge, then that's understandable as it's a lot more exclusive.

I think Top Gear hit the nail right on the head when they reviewed the F10. The gap justifying the price difference is just not there anymore, especially compared to the 550i. No doubt it's a better car, but how much better?
The 535 and 550 need to be modified to match the M5 performance, stock for stock there is not contest really, the M5 is a 4 door super car. Everything from engine, suspension, even the seats are better in the M5 (I have driven several M5s and the multicontour M5 seats are better both for comfort and when you want to get "racy"). I have always loved the M5, even down to the exclusive "M" colors available (which I don't see the point of buying an M in a standard color).

I was fortunate in my previous E60 550 to have the adaptive side bolsters in the seats - that alone made a huge difference in the driving experience in the twisties.
Appreciate 0