jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCP View Post
It is BMW M's top priority.
Not really. You can buy faster cars for the money. The M3/4 especially in the current and previous generation have been about being one of the best all-around cars available, in fact Motor Trend called the E90 M3 the best car in the world here for how well it blended everyday practicality, comfort/convenience, tech features, styling, and trackworthy performance -- which is precisely why I have enjoyed mine so thoroughly for the past 4+ years and not cared at all that I could have had more performance for the money. And the M5/6 were absolutely not designed with performance as the top priority for what they cost.

But if BMW M decides to tilt the needle more toward performance by offering DCT to the exclusion of 6MT, that is of course their privilege since they run their own business, but judging by some of the responses in this thread, it seems they'd be doing so to the detriment of some business. But maybe if the savings on development and manufacturing outweigh the lost sales, they won't care.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 07-06-2015 at 10:56 PM..
Appreciate 0