View Single Post
      11-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #62
04cobra
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 - 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
As far as the comment about it feeling slow, that's a first. What year was it? Pretty sure the last few model years would compare very favorably to the outgoing M3 in most performance categories so I find that to be an interesting comment. It is a bigger car, probably better compared with the M5 than the M3 perhaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by basscadet View Post

The Cadillac CTS-V I sat in did have an ugly radio/HVAC cluster with a lot of very shiny, hollow-feeling plastic but the Recaro seats more than made up for it.
It was a 2009 CTS-V. The center console scratched if light breeze blew over it. The shiney parts arond the HVAC were very annoying as the sun would bounce off of them and into my eyes (also looked cheap). Steering wheel is what put me off the most I had the suede steering wheel, which felt ok, but the hard plastic underneath really dug into my hand. The car creaked ALOT. The recaros were SOOO uncomfortable, but I found I dont like recaros in ANY car. The front hood had this little plastic piece that whenever you opened the hood it felt like it was going to pop off. The nav system sucked. I also found out I hate keyless cars. I never knew where to put the FOB as I do not like things in my pockets while I drive. My wallet and phone went in the cup holders and the key I had to put on the seat...just irritating to me.

It was also an automatic, that was my bigggest mistake. The auto just felt very sluggish to me compared to my auto 335. I think if it was a manual I might have kept it.

Some of my complaints about the car are probably personnal and others wont find them to be an issue, but all of that added up really turned me off

As for it being slow, I came from a 550whp cobra, and the caddy being so heavy the butt dyno was just not there for me.

I am now carless and drive a 1st gen z4 and an 03 dodge durango...so I am eagerly waiting the new M3.
Appreciate 0