View Single Post
      01-31-2008, 12:37 PM   #17
john970
1er
Rep
Drives: 08 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by linus View Post
My friends. We are being raped by BMW Canada. And they can continue doing so because we enable them. If enough Canadians balked at their pricing and said no thanks when talking to a sales associate, you'd see the pricing move in line with the US very quickly. This is entirely the reason that they had to provide some additional incentives when only a minority of buyers began looking to the US for vehicles.

Imagine what they'd do if 33-50% of their traditional buyers said No to a purchase because the pricing was unfair. Folks, it's really up to us to collectively stand up for ourselves. Problem is, there is no coordinated action between possible buyers. And we've shown that we want their cars more than we care about being bent over. Unfortunately, I have been one of these 'sheeps'. I am now beginning to reconsider the 1, however.

So if I were BMW Canada, what incentive would I have to lower rates? Lube up my fellow Canadians, bend over and brace yourselves for the humbling to come.

PS. I recently spoke to my SA and told him that I was furious at the pricing of the M3 in the US which is about $57k. My 335i with a few options is well over $60k. This type of disparity and humiliation is totally unnecessary with the currency at par.
Ever been to Europe?
Appreciate 0