12-12-2019, 02:01 PM   #18
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeynowbababooeyAckAck View Post
Want to hear something crazy? The deal just almost fell apart!

The dealer called me late last night( out of state) and said after we negotiated the deal, signed the paperwork over secure email that in "our state" we cannot do a 7,500 mile lease, we can only do 36/10 the lowest lease available. (Even though I specifically asked them before negotiating and signing that I wanted 7,500 and to check if it was possible, they said YES it is possible and did the math with the 61% residual for 7,500 miles a year). They then called 6 hours later after all was done and said we have to increase the numbers since the residual will change to 60% for 10k from 61%, we can't do 7,500 miles in "our state."

I said not a chance in hell, we agreed to a deal, your sales manager said 7,500 was doable when we initially negotiated the deal in the morning and now your coming back in the night after multiple emails were sent with signatures agreeing to the deal, either honor it with the same numbers and give me 10k miles a year or I'll walk and find another 19' M5 elsewhere. They balked for a few minutes, said they would discuss and get back to me.

I for sure thought they were going to increase the numbers and tell me they can't do the original deal which was for 7,500 miles at 61% originally, for now 10k miles a month (roughly $30ish more a month) so approx $1,030 per month vs. $999.

But they said after I stood my ground, "we apologize for the mistake, it was our fault, we did agree Nd did tell you 7,500 was available, even though it isn't, we will honor the original math and numbers AND increase your mileage to 10k a month."

Winning!
That was the right thing to do. It was their mistake so they should own it and honor the original deal....which they did.