11-25-2019, 07:31 AM   #11
BwatM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90; 2020 G01; 2014 F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey.Donatelli View Post
I am looking for new.

The current deal I am looking at has an MSRP of 118000 and they have only come down to 108000. I know there is a lot more here and knowing how long the car has been sitting on the books is part of my negotiation tactics.

I am not going to accept anything under 12% off MSRP. According to CarGurus they have had the car for over 5 months. With end of year coming up I just have to wait them out till they make a deal.
So Dealer A has you at 10.9% off MSRP. I would just start emailing your nearest 5-8 Dealers, explaining that you're working on a deal with Dealer A that has you currently at 10.9% off and that you're more comfortable making a purchase at 15% off MSRP.

Another option is to go to True Car, and enter in your info. The dealers will all start calling, emailing, and texting you. Then you can just explain the above to them. My best approach is to always be honest and polite, but most importantly make sure that they know that you are ready to make a purchase if the deal is right. Being a car deal is a tuff job. They get all kinds of people that waste their time and are rude. Be that guy that makes their job easy.
Appreciate 0