View Single Post
      11-24-2019, 10:28 PM   #6
cream
Private
Rep
Drives: 19' BSM M5

I just took delivery of a '19 M5 in Vancouver, BC, Canada and after negotiating for nearly 2 weeks I paid $106,000 CAD before taxes which is the equivalent of $80k USD give or take. Was able to get quite a decent chunk off asking price since it was a cash deal.

It came with premium package (same as executive package), M frozen optics package (M sport exhaust, black kidney grilles, 706M wheels etc), ambient air package, driver's assistance package.

Dealer told me they were losing on the vehicle but I'm not sure if I believe that however that being said in almost every other province in the country and also our friends to the south the prices seem to be anywhere from 10-20%+ higher, I'm very curious WHY that is? Usually in my previous experience the US gets it cheaper than Canada so I found it strange with this vehicle.

It's worth noting that this is a pre-owned vehicle, the previous owner drove it for about 1500km/932miles before trading it in for a SUV (wife probably wasn't feeling the M5 since they have children) so I saved myself a decent chunk on the "drive off the lot" depreciation as well.

OP is the one you are looking at brand new or used and do you mind sharing how much the dealer is asking?

*EDIT: I priced out a new '19 online and it came out to about $135k CAD/$101k USD however on the BMW USA website with the exact same color/configuration it comes out to $113k USD/$150k CAD. There is a considerable price difference between the US/Canadian market.

Last edited by cream; 11-24-2019 at 11:21 PM..
Appreciate 0