Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58M240i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassy4 View Post
Can't speak for the Dinan exhaust but I recently purchased and installed the AWE Tuning exhaust with the non-resonated midpipe. Unfortunately don't have any quality videos but I'll try my best to describe it.

The videos floating around really don't do this exhaust justice. The exhaust is perfect for daily driving. It's just loud enough to where it's not too quiet and it's not ear-shattering. The tone of the exhaust is smooth yet aggressive. Cold starts are brutal. There's a subtle but noticeable difference inside the cabin in terms of noise volume, however there is absolutely no drone. Haven't heard the car from outside the cabin but my friend with an E92 335i w/ MPE said it overpowered his exhaust and radio. Where this exhaust shines is in the overrun on throttle liftoff. The pops, bangs, and burbles are insane. I'd say they're better than what you get with the MPPSK, and the full AWE system is half the price. As someone who had trouble deciding between the exhausts you mentioned, I 100% recommend the AWE Tuning exhaust. Don't regret my purchase at all.

TL;DR: Get the AWE Tuning exhaust.
Thats probably the best description of an exhaust system I've ever read. You basically have me sold haha. I'm a little concerned about the loud cold starts when I'm at the office but at the end of the day, I work hard and cars are what I like so I'm not going to worry about it. I'm still waiting until they become available so I'll just try to hear one in person before then. If not, between you and Mike's feedback I'm sure I'll be very pleased with AWE's setup.
When I said cold starts were brutal, I meant in a good way (at least to me). I park in a parking garage every day and I've yet to have any complaints from neighbors about the cold start. It'll be loud for about 15-20 seconds and then settle, but it doesn't shake the entire building (ok, maybe a little ). It's definitely louder than you'd expect but it's not terrible like some people make it out to be. Different strokes for different folks and all that. If you want, I can find some time to get some sound clips for you. Won't be same as in person but I can try my best. All I can say is that I have a shit-eating grin on my face from the time I start the car up to the time I get out, every single day.

Previous - 2016 340i M-Sport | AWE Tuning Touring Edition Exhaust w/ Non-Resonated Performance Mid Pipe | Agency Power Intake | Active Autowerke Activ-8 | VRSF Catless Downpipe
Appreciate 0