View Single Post
      11-13-2018, 10:26 PM   #1
Theatermax
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 and X4

Trading my 2018 X2 Msport in today on a 2019 X3 3.0 - Is this a good deal ?

I have struggled with my 6 week old X2 MSport that now has 1700 miles on it. Having owned many BMW's over the years we wanted something cool and different for a winter car for my wife to goto work in inclement weather and 6 weeks ago we got a white 18 X2 Msport. We have tried to enjoy the steering but it steers like a drunk sailor. The car really can't keep a line for the life of it and its driving us nuts. Your constantly re aiming the car with small touches and input that we don't have on our Porsche 718 S and our Audi Sq5. Its also really small and I didn't realize how small it was until we got it home and drive it for a few weeks.

I went to see my friends today at my local dealer and wanted to peek at the 2019 X3. I drove an 18 he had a loaner of and it seemed to be really nice and the engine although still a 2.0 felt much nicer and sounded nicer than the X2. I do understand the X2 is a Mini cooper platform and the traverse mounted engine and the mostly front drive etc. but I had hoped for more.

So after driving the X3 today and seeing the pricing I think I am going to pull the trigger Wednesday morning.

I would love to know if this deal seems awesome. I buy a lot of Bmw's from these guys so they always seem to come through but I want some input.

First do you guys think we will like the new X3 alot more than the X2 ?

All 25 inventory X3's they have are pretty much built the same way. This is the one I am thinking of -

2019 X3
MSRP 50885
Xline
Mineral White 550
692 19" wheels 600
Convenience 2850
Drivers Assist 500
Heated Wheel 190
Heated Seats 500
Nav 1700
Dest 995

I am in the audio biz so the only thing i'd like is the HK sound but they dont have a single car with HK and I dont want to wait. I am ready to pull the trigger now. I played with the stock radio and its decent and its not the every day driver its our 3rd car so I am thinking I can live with the radio.

So he's selling me the car for 46000 then I am getting 1500 off for financing some of it and then getting another 1500 off for loyalty so actual cost 43000.

He's giving me about 2000 behind what I paid for the X2 6 weeks ago which is very decent and I am not complaining about that at all.

What do you guys think of this deal ?

Thanks

Last edited by Theatermax; 11-14-2018 at 12:01 AM.. Reason: Added Year
Appreciate 1