View Single Post
      03-02-2019, 04:36 AM   #3
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcarls View Post
Take it for what it is. I went to the local dealer today and they had a 'sold' Carbon Black, M-Sport, 22's with Ivory White / Night blue interior. I was able to sit and drive it since I was serious but declined the drive, its somebody's baby. The short, I walked away thoroughly impressed! Let's get the negatives out first, blah, blah, the grill is big, and I don't understand why on shadowline trim the grill is chrome and not sure why the front corners are so busy....but anyway....the interior was beautiful, legroom was great (I'm 6-5) and I could sit behind myself without any concern. Third row at that point isn't great but I only have two kids so I didn't measure or look hard. Switch gear all made sense, including the buttons in the trunk to fold everything down, the storage under the third row was well thought out and large, large rear doors and glass area was very big, the SAV had a presence to it that an X5 could only dream of, it looked classy and like a badass person was going to come out of the rear - some of this was the carbon black/tint/22's, front passenger view and gear layout was superb and again had all the options you wished for, USB-C, auto sun shades controllable from the front and 2nd row, driver can pull up the 2nd row to hit the kids when they aren't behaving, third row sunroof was awesome and the climate controls in the 3rd row are top notch digital, digital 2nd row climate is also nice as my kids busted the previous 2 gen controls, the steering wheel size/fit - awesome, seat comfort awesome, gap between wheel and fender was perfect with the 22's (that would be a must for me). It is much better looking than the X5, imo I'm finding the X5 to be an ugly duckling. Come 2020, I'll give it a serious look. I think BMW did a great job with the X7. Everyone that has ordered one, I'm jealous of the luxury your going to have. I wouldn't have a single regret. I know it'll drive great because its a BMW. Just wanted to post my thoughts for those that might have thought twice about their order.

Sidenote - also sat in the new 3 series. Its huge and a very nice step up over the last decade. No real complaints. BMW seems to be hitting on all cylinders. The last 8 years have been a little ho-hum imo, but the new cars I see and read about, impressed. New M5, new 3, X3M, new X7. Now if they could just figure out the 7 series.
Auricom must be 6 yrs old cause it took me about 60 seconds to read that, great write up ty. Loved the second row slide forward comment, lol
Appreciate 0