View Single Post
      02-06-2019, 09:27 PM   #9
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
The heatsoak issues are limited to the automatic, for the most part. People track the 7MT all day long with no issues.

Besides, I was being contrary just to prove a point. They're two completely different cars with completely different purposes, and an experienced driver would get into the 10s with an A8 Z06 anyway.

Taking nothing away from the M5 (I'd buy one over a Z06 in a heartbeat), but this video only shows how easy it is to get a good time out of the M5, and how an inexperienced driver would fare in a Z06.
There are so many inaccuracies to the C7Z situation. You are perpetuating another one - that it is only the autos that suffer this issue. Yes - the autos are worse. You cannot stick the secondary GM (hint hint) rad that they made knowing they had issues. I see you drive a ZL1 - a great car - also an LT4. If the issue was resolved with the angled bricks for cylinders 7&8 and the taller lid - or it was "only" an auto issue. Why did GM spring for the additional eleven (11) - coolers in your car? Were they being nice? They felt like adding the extra gear? Spending money is something they enjoy doing? They like the Camaro over their flagship Corvette?

As to the 10 second pass. Yes. The C7Z is definitely capable of a 10 second pass - either with awesome DA and stock tires that you are willing to fry in a proper burn out in order to get the proper heat into them as PSC2's are literally the worst drag and roll race tire on this planet - and or you put a drag tire on them. I ran a 10.93 with the crap tires I got stuck with (Pirelli Pzeros). Had I the MPS4's - I would have run 10.8's - and all with a better MPH than most stock C7Z's get - 129.5 MPH.

The only showing of the drivers inexperience is the reaction time (RT). ET doesn't start until he moves. I love my C7Z - but it had some serious issues only modding could take care of. And I haven't even mentioned the terrible aero the car comes with. The video does show how easy it is to get a good time out of the M5 CP. They are two completely different cars. I would be very happy in my chances against a stock C7Z - same day, same track - 8.5/10 times.
Appreciate 1
soooma1377.50