View Single Post
      02-04-2019, 10:41 PM   #5
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
calm down, it's a manual and he was apparently making lunch before taking off.

m5 only trapped 127, i trapped 124 in my Z just yesterday using no LC, and in tour mode.
This would be my car - I trapped 127.5 that hot summer day and 129.5 in the fall (running 10.99 best that day and 10.93 in the fall with a 1.7x 60' on the crap Pirellis) - I also raced a Demon that day and beat him (pump gas PCM) - and was between 1/2 and a full tenth slower than a 991.2 Porsche Turbo...

And I can tell you the C7Z driver was in fact new thus the RT - but as a C7Z owner myself - I can tell you that stock C7Z's average 125-128 MPH depending on DA with aero still on - and in the heat when this was taken - 123-126 MPH as the tiny 1.74 high revving roots blower is a heat soak machine - coupled with the terrible engine bay circulation (that the new ZR1 tried to fix with the open/exposed 2.65L blower, large front open ducts and intercooler at each corner).

I love my C7Z...now that it is properly modified. As a stock car it was a problem. No the angled bricks for cylinders 7&8 and taller lid in the 2017's was not enough. I am not guessing this as the same LT4 in the ZL1 required eleven (11) additional coolers to run without issue (and it worked as per MT who beat on the car for the weekend and had zero issues - ZR1 has 13 coolers). GM doesn't spend money for nothing. I tried all the cooling when I was bolt on - GM secondary rad (another hint they knew there was a problem), larger primary rad, billet 160 thermostat, Dewitt intercooler and oil cooler...etc...and they worked. Until the engine bays poor air circulation over powered the cooling and I heat soaked again.

Again...great car. Love it now - but I had to fix GM's mistakes and it cost me.
Appreciate 2
soooma1377.50
MCOMP199.00