Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlynarz View Post
I have used both on my M5 leather.

In my opinion colourlock cleaner is better than Swisswax - it is in a form of a foam so it is easier to work with. In terms of leather protection leather versiegelung leaves nice mate fininish.

Swisswax milk left a little bit shinner fininsh from what I saw. However still it was very very nice. I read that this type of milk products are moisturising leather, what is not needed in the first 3 years when you use your leather.

Personally - I would go for colourlock clener instead of swisswax. It is simply better. For first 3 years I would go for leather versiegelung to protect the leather. After that time when the leather will be getting less soft, I would use Swisswax leather milk to moisturise it.
It's perfectly fine to keep the leather moist in the first three years. In fact you should, to help keep it from cracking in the high stress areas. This was key in the X5 with their poorly designed seats that had the edge of the seat bend over top a hard plastic side when you got in and out of the car.

Moist leather is happy leather.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0