View Single Post
      06-07-2020, 06:38 PM   #33
ResidualJinx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
OP’s post read to me like his cars (at $100k each) are worth more to him than his kid.

I’d let the kid learn on your cars. They’re just cars and presumably insured. In ten years the cars will probably have been replaced but the kid’s memory will be intact - and down the road he’ll reflect on what it means to have been allowed to learn on those expensive vehicles.

Alternatively, if you really can’t let him drive your cars, then you probably should be thinking of trading down to something he can drive and you’re less wrapped up in (financially or emotionally).

Sorry that’s harsh; but it is how I feel. My kids learned on the cars we had and that includes a 2002tii that was pretty special to me - but not as special as the kids. Clutches and transmissions are wear items anyway.
Whelp this isn't going to well...

Often the sign of a strong person isn't necessarily how they react to their feelings or what they think they're entitled to share because any child can do that but in their ability to reach deep inside to understand that not everyone comes from the same place and doesn't see things equally; and attempt to provide constructive input not from their ivory tower but from a genuine desire to help.

If you had taken the time to give a shit you would've seen that my primary concern comes from either car being too powerful or too big (F=MA... always), which would likely lead to accident risking my sons life or yes damage to our property and would be highly irresponsible on my part; but clearly you live life fast and loose and don't give a shit if your kid ran into a pole in a car that's faster then a 2002 McLaren F1, so forgive me if your 2002 experience doesn't equate.

You're right I do not have the financial means to total either car, walk out the next day and buy another but because I'm "poor" to you that equates to me not loving my son? The notion that your connotation of my statements allows/entitles/enables you to judge me on 1-2 paragraphs worth of initial input on the love for my son is beyond reprehensible. I'm proud that I'm humble enough to ask folks for input on this topic and I'm proud that your able to write your stupid ass comments in this great nation, but you sir have clearly lost sight of helping your fellow man and need to step off your high horse.

Sorry that's harsh; but its real.

Last edited by ResidualJinx; 06-07-2020 at 06:57 PM..
Appreciate 6
2000cs3511.50
stein_325i25086.00
josec704078.50
dds007411.00
Jimmy K123.00