View Single Post
      08-14-2019, 05:56 AM   #10
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

If you are going to apply yourself it’s not hard. The hard part is the prep. Wash then Decontamination with iron removal product (iron x). Then clay bar it, then polish it to remove any defects. Then wipe down with a surface prep like eraser and then apply the best ceramic you can justify.

The ceramic is tons better than wax or sealant but it’s not billet proof. If you own. I would PPF (paintnprotection film) after correction and then ceramic coat.

Consumer brands that are good that I’ve used

Gyeon can coat. Easiest to apply medium durability. If this is your first time perhaps consider. It’s not quite a durable as the rest but very hydrophobic. Expect 6 months to 1.5 years depending on care.

Gtechnig crystal serum lite very durable expect 1-2 years. Depending on exposure and care. Not a hydrophobic but very protective.

Gtechnig EXO ( either alone or as a topper to above). It’s very hydroponic. Expect 6 months to 1.5 years dependent on care.

Care is keeping coating clean. Regular washes by hand with good car wash. I like reset 4 times a year and use optimum or Poorboys super slick and suds whichever is on sale. No auto car washes. And it will last.

Now I’m on to professional coatings which last longer but cost is higher and they must be applied by a professional.
Appreciate 0