View Single Post
      04-18-2014, 06:29 PM   #8
soccer dad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW SO/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by camber View Post
From experience I can say that painting or powder-coating wheels at body shops - and other professional shops that deal with wheel repair - never yields the same durable, quality finish that you get from the factory.
1. Dude... they are wheels, unless you are trying to do a concourse with the car, it doesn't matter about factory finish. It isn't hard to do a quality total repaint of a wheel.

2. Most people won't paint their wheels, so worst case if you want to, go back to factory fresh by buying someone else's take offs.

3. Just google the current M3 / M5 M-anything factory wheel and you will see a bunch for sale

4. It's worth painting the wheels to get the look that you want that you feel for the car. Who wants to spend the type of money that we want on the car, only to complain that, "I wish BMW woulda shoulda coulda.."

5. Call an aftermarket wheel manufacturer and ask them who they use to paint their wheels. There are high quality painters out there that have to produce a job for a wheel company that sells their wheels for $5,000-$10,000 and the paint job I'm sure for those wheels is spot on...

just food for thought!
Appreciate 0