Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes2m3cs View Post
Amazing post man. Thank you for taking the time to put it all together!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahbatage View Post
This post deserves appreciation simply for the sheer effort it took to make. Thanks for sharing! Great pictures and looked like a fun trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
A great car and a great travelogue. I can understand the sheer amount of effort even for compiling this thread.

Thank you for sharing it with the community.
It becomes a labor of love. Posting 3 or 4 pictures is a snap. This kind of operation requires some strategic thought, mostly just trying to stay organized. Thanks for your thoughts.

[QUOTE=JMD;28153882]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbimmer View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]Day 5: Badlands Loop - 307 miles[/COLOR]

Attachment 2715064

Lot to do today. The Crazy Horse Memorial was just down the road, so we thought we'd take a look at it. Crazy Horse was an Oglala Lakota warrior fighting federal encroachment of native lands, eventually battling Custer at Little Big Horn. The Lakota tribe commissioned the statue on private land in 1948. If completed, it will be over 600 feet long and 500 feet high. After the sculptor died in 1982, the widow took over. When she died in 2014, seven of the children were working for the Crazy Horse Memorial Foundation to help raise funds and continue the work. They have a long way to go.

Photos are nice and sharp,...and look to be captured with a proper dedicated camera vs a cellphone! That said,...I offer this bit of photography tip to make your photos stand out even more,...and that is,...apply some "Rule of Thirds" (RoT) in your composition! Many of the photos you captured are worthy of large printing had you applied RoT in your composition. Also, it's ok to Crop a photo to make it better!

Again,...thanks for sharing!

Edit: Wow! Tons of pics,...soon are very nice,...and again, thanks for sharing~
Thank you for your comments. If you go back through many of the pictures, however, you'll notice many are RoT or RoT"ish"

I took over 1,000 pictures. May were composed in the viewfinder using RoT, many were not. It takes hours and hours to cull them out and determine what's interesting to me and what might be interesting to someone else. Then do the write up and try to upload everything in the right place. Then edit your words and edit your pictures because something isn't right.

There just isn't time to make every picture worthy of large printing - not my goal here. And every picture WAS cropped in some way. Some RoT pics had crap on the outer edges that you don't see in the viewfinder. The subject then becomes more centered after cropping. Oh, well. Some photos were shot with the subject matter dead center or I cropped it dead center because that's how I wanted it.

Now that I've had more time with them, I have started to re-edit some of the photos and in some cases have been getting more dramatic effects. I doubt if I'll upload them, tho, since they won't be hanging in a gallery anywhere. In the end it's still just amateur stuff.

And by the way, all photos are courtesy of my Samsung Galaxy S10. I have a proper camera. This takes better pictures and it fits in my pocket.
Appreciate 1
Jamesmick131.00