View Single Post
      01-03-2019, 06:04 PM   #9
turbomcgee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
I've bought and used JB4 and RC on my F90. Both work great for their goals. JB4 can set a Target beyond Map 1 , but it is not a straight line Target with a straight line result like the Haltech does on my race car. It will slope up and down because of the DME programming, but it does a good job keeping the delta low and the max value absolute .

The GTS Black sets an additive per set point. I've logged this one only on SP7. It maxes out around 21.5psi on my atmospheric conditions. On the older unit, it would drop around 0.3psi per set point. Zero worries on hurting an engine with RC as the max is always within the parameters of the DME safety controls if you get a bad tank of fuel, etc.

Good thing is we have options that will do a lot, including DME flash tunes.
What was the max additive on 7? Sure the DME will intervene and start to limit throttle opening, boost targets and timing, but no matter the system you can be having real knock related to the the insufficient fuel, and to many still feel like its running "fine" when in fact you are not at optimum performance, and would be better with a lower boost target.

Do you have a log you can post?

Thanks!

Last edited by turbomcgee; 01-03-2019 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0