View Single Post
      10-04-2022, 01:45 PM   #7
APARSHr35
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M / 2016 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterFUSE View Post
All electric cars will depreciate due to the high cost of battery replacement. With an ICE, you may or may not have to pay for a massive repair bill but an EV is guaranteed to have a battery replacement at some point if you keep it long enough. No one is going to pay top dollar for a used EV that has a $40k battery replacement coming up soon. Also, EV tech is going to be improving quickly so the value of an old EV will be quickly overshadowed by new tech being introduced on new models. I don't think they will hold value well. Just my opinion as I see it.
Thanks for chiming in subter.

I'm pretty set on going with an M5 now and have ruled out the Taycan. I was thinking about how my wife's Rivian R1S should be here soon and will probably be so similar to a taycan in some ways that it might be redundant. Also my cybertruck should be showing up at some point in the next few years too. I decided to give into my gut feeling on this one and go for the M5. I do want to test drive a regular M5 or M5 Comp and see how much better the CS feels. Maybe i'll even keep my GT500 and just sell my e90 M3 to move up to an F90 m5. Decisions Decisions...
Appreciate 0