View Single Post
      10-28-2019, 08:58 AM   #1
Fuel-It!
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4, M5, M2C, X4M, 440i, etc...

F90 Quick Install WMI

Was able to checkout BMS' new water/meth injection setup yesterday in person as Shift Sector and I have to say it is pretty clean.

The most challenging part to doing a kit with the F90 is finding a way to mount the nozzles without disassembling half the engine bay. Their setup is based around CNC machined quick install nozzle adapters that install the nozzles inside the balance tube holes, still allowing boost to equalize between banks using small holes machined in to the nozzle adapter.

The pump and tank can be mounted in the trunk like a traditional setup, you can rig a dedicated 1 gallon tank/pump in the passenger side cowl, or you can go really lazy and just zip-tie the pump in the cowl and attach it's pickup to your washer fluid tank. In theory you could tee in to it so the wipers still work but for their install they just unplugged the wiper line and plugged it in to the pump instead.

The JB4 controls the WMI flow, raises boost as a function of WMI, and reverts to lower boost if meth stops flowing, flows less than expected, etc. If using the wiper tank you even get a warning in dash if the tank is low. Best part is it's compatible with the factory flash or any aftermarket flash you want to run. Most guys doing WMI are more heavily modified so I expect a lot will already be flashed.
Attached Images

Last edited by Fuel-It!; 10-28-2019 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0