M135iXdriver
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competiton
Location: Northwestern Switzerland veeeeery close to the German Autobahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackaleyess View Post
Tell me, how on earth you from BMW jumped to a Passat? And after that bounced to the top dog? Haha!!
The M135i xDrive was my second hot hatch after the Mazdaspeed 3 and I grew out of it. I was looking for something bigger with more space also due to family planing... at leats thats what I was hoping.

Back then BMW had nothing... the 3 and 5 series were both technically "outdated" and I could not afford an M. The Passat felt new with all the gimicks it had back then and that's where they got me combined with the space it offers - you've never seen a trunk of this size on a sedan!

Ah yeah... and a BMW service guy pissed me off... "You actually know it's a VW?" and this arrogant behaviour just made me leave them - this close minded "we can do whatever we want, we are still better than other brands!". Maybe... but you don't habe to be an ass about it.

Fast forward to the end of 2018 - divorce incoming but promises were kept thus no financial impact, no kids around.

Time for a change! I started looking... C63S... E63S too expensive... Audi (the more expensive VW) had nothing at this time... and then the M5 showed up... honestly still expensive and yet reasonable compared to the Merc.

I was planing, waiting, luring and saving money... and finally pulled the trigger two days ago. Main reasons: EU regulations and the LCI is a half baked one. They could have easily added the M-specific Live Cockpit... and not the regular one and only rebrand it... holding it back for the next LCI in mid 2020. That's when I decided to break the cycle and jump for an old built but new car.
2010 - Mazda 3 MPS BL 2.3 (256 bhp) (sold)
Appreciate 2
A6bullet336.00
Kankles1484.50