View Single Post
      01-02-2020, 12:04 PM   #968
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Who knows what in TF Jerry has up his sleeves.
I am confident that Garrett will NOT be on Coaching staff. The local fan base and media are truly sick of that MF. And jerry feels far more pressure to remove him than ever before. Especially with an expiring contract.

The reason for keeping that puppet is 2 glaring things:

1. The epic and often rabid fan base that continues to funnel $$$$$ into his pockets.
2. Garret is the epitome of a YES Man.

If at any point over the years, either fans stopped buying tickets and merchandise or Garret himself would stop being such a passive bitch, a change would have happened.
worst case he gets a FO job, but i think there is no chance he stays as HC.

The situation we've got is a. his contract doest technically expire until 1/14 b. jerry sees him as family and is having a hard time letting him go completely, c. we have a lot of FAs this offseason that jerry and the FO need to get input from garrett and the rest of the staff on who we should/shouldnt keep and d. our HC target is most likely still playing football.

If Jerry's HC Targets were available and interviewing with other teams, JG would have been gone. And i feel as soon as those guys are available for interviews, that is when we will get the announcement.

The other thing to consider is if the top target is Urban Meyer, his agent is also JGs agent. So there is some delicacy to the handling of this situation if Urban is the #1 choice.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0