View Single Post
      10-27-2015, 11:36 AM   #3
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hastym3 View Post
Just put a $1000 deposit on 2016 M3 on Saturday (the 24th). Deal was as follows:

Black Sapphire, Beige Extended Leather, 19"s, Exec pkg, Driver Assist, 6MT, Adapitve Susp. MSRP $72,145. Selling price was $67570 including $750 option credit and $1500 fleet discount through my employer.

I am trading in a '09 e90 M3 with 79000 miles. Trade in was agreed at $22,250.

All in all I thought a solid if not spectacular deal. It was all contigent, however, on the dealer telling me they had an allocation and I would get a production number yesterday (Monday). I reached out yesterday evening when I still had not heard from them and was told "it is in with management as we speak." Did not hear from them until today. CR states he had 2 allocations that "just" flipped into status 150/unchangeable and now they are hoping to find an allocation by Friday. I am pissed and feel like I am getting played. I already told them that the deal was based on an available allocation and that I will continue shopping for a better deal until they find me allocation. Thoughts/advice?
First of all - you do NOT have a deal unless the dealer has an allocation and is willing to dedicate it to your order.

You had effectively put down the deposit down on dealer's promise to find an allocation and build the car to your spec. Sounds like they are still working to accomplish just that.

The disclaimer that the deal was conditional on availability of an allocation is a misnomer, because they told you they are still looking for one. Unless you have explicit language in the Sales Contract that says that the deal is off and deposit is fully refundable unless a build # is provided to you by a fixed date, I am not sure what you are getting upset about.

Do you need a car by a fixed date?
Does another week or two make a difference to you?

If yes, you need to go back and resend the deal, and get your deposit back (if possible). Assuming you have another dealer lined up who can get you the car sooner.
If not, open your favorite bottle of whiskey and enjoy.

a
Appreciate 1